My Home Move Ltd (‘We’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’), the data controller is My Home Move Ltd of 1 Frances Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester LE19 1SH. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Claire Harby.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, email, address, telephone number and user comments
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on myhomemove.com (‘our site’). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material and/or requesting further services. This may include but is not limited to your name and job title, contact information including e-mail address, gender, occupation and company details and interests in order to provide you with details of our products and services.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion which we sponsor and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information relevant to any recruitment process.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, and product demonstrations, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- Internal record keeping.
- Recruitment and selection purposes.
- To pass your details to accountants, consultants and other professional, for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with our contractual obligations.
Direct marketing and e-mail marketing
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, telephone or electronic means (e-mail or SMS).
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by post, telephone or electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have previously not objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or Marketing Department, My Home Move Ltd, 1 Frances Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 1SH.
Data Protection Act (“the Act”)
Pursuant to the Act, your name may be retained on our marketing database. The database enables us to select contacts to receive a variety of marketing materials including legal update service, newsletters and invitations to seminars and events. It details your name, address, telephone, fax, email, website, mailing requirements and other comments if any. Please ensure you update us with any changes. You have the right to correct any data that relates to you.
You should contact Marketing Department, My Home Move Ltd, 1 Frances Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 1SH.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If My Home Move Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Marketing Department, My Home Move Ltd, 1 Frances Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 1SH.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please send your questions, comments and requests to email@example.com or Marketing Department, My Home Move Ltd, 1 Frances Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 1SH.